- Protecting your privacy
- We don't share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
- We don't engage in cross-marketing or link-referral programs with other sites.
- We don't send you unsolicited communications for marketing purposes.
- Account information is password-protected. Keep your password safe.
- Drinking Society does not knowingly collect any information from persons under the age of 13. If Drinking Society learns that an account was created by a person under the age of 13, Drinking Society will remove that account. Drinking Society, or people who post on Drinking Society, may provide links to third party websites, which may have different privacy practices. We are not responsible for, nor have any control over, the privacy policies of those third party websites, and encourage all users to read the privacy policies of each and every website visited.
- Data we collect
- Our primary goal in collecting personal information is to provide you with a great experience. We only collect personal information that is relevant to the purpose of our website.
- We receive and store any information you enter on our website or provide to us in any other way. You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but then you may not be able to take advantage of many of our features. The personal information you provide is used for such purposes as registration; in order for you to use Drinking Society services, such as submitting new bars and events, you must complete a registration form. As part of this registration form, we require your email address.
- Please do not post any personal information on Drinking Society that you expect to keep private.
- Our web logs collect standard web log entries for each page served, including your IP address, page URL, and timestamp. Web logs help us to diagnose problems with our server, to administer the Drinking Society site, and to otherwise provide our service to you.
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and tell us how and when pages in our website are visited and by how many people. Drinking Society cookies do not collect personal information, and we do not combine information collected through cookies with other personal information to tell us who you are or what your screen name or email address is.
- Data we store
- All new menus and events are stored in our database, and may be archived elsewhere. Our web logs and other records are stored indefinitely. Although we make good faith efforts to store the information in a secure operating environment that is not available to the public, we cannot guarantee complete security.
- Archiving and display of Drinking Society pages by search engines and other sites
- Search engines and other sites not affiliated with Drinking Society - including archive.org and google.com - archive or otherwise make available Drinking Society pages.
- Circumstances in which Drinking Society may release information
- Drinking Society may disclose information about its users if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process.
- In some cases, we may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, user information is typically one of the business assets that is transferred. Moreover, if Drinking Society, or substantially all of its assets, were acquired, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred.
- International Users
- By visiting our web site and providing us with data, you acknowledge and agree that due to the international dimension of Drinking Society we may use the data collected in the course of our relationship for the purposes identified in this policy or in our other communications with you, including the transmission of information outside your resident jurisdiction. In addition, please understand that such data may be stored on servers located in the United States. By providing us with your data, you consent to the transfer of such data.
We welcome your feedback on this document. Email support@DrinkingSociety.com